Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In love

After all this travel, I have fallen in love with humankind. While there are some individuals that cause me to waver in that love, as a whole, I’m smitten.

I’m in love with the idea of being able to communicate with simple gestures: With a touch to say I'm sorry, two kisses on each cheek to say hello, a hug to say I missed you, a smile to thank someone. All without saying one word.

Because in reality, words are nothing without expression of the face and body. That said, I'm in love with learning new words. There's beauty in language and in the ability to communicate with another person using man-made rules about how you can utilize your voice.

I’m in love with discovering new places. I’ve fallen in love with things I don’t know, I can’t explain, I can’t see.

I have absolutely no idea  what I’m going to do with the rest of my life.
All I know is that I don’t want to know. I’m in love with not knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment