Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mythbusters

Before arriving, I talked to innumerable people about Spain: the culture, the people, the nightlife, the food, and the list goes on. I've made a little list of my own. Here goes...

Things I heard about Spain that haven't proved true:

  • Shorts are unacceptable here. This is fiction - every Spaniard and their mother wears shorts. It's hot as Hades, so the Daisy Dukes are on parade.
  • They don't wear high heels. Wrong! Despite the cobblestone, many ladies rock the pumps on the way to a discoteca.
  • Spaniards are fascinated with blonds. Hah! Has not been the case with this blond. Plus, I've seen a lot of blond Spanish people.
Things that I heard about Spain that are certainly true:
  • HAM! On, with, and in everything.
  • Many Spanish men are short. I feel a bit like a WNBA player.
  • They are in love with California. I just hope I get serenaded with "California Girls" one of these days. Sounds like my kind of night.
Hasta luego!

2 comments:

  1. El horario comercial no tiene nada que ver con la siesta. Por lo demás, interesante blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias, no lo sabía. Voy a cambiarlo ahora mismo.

    ReplyDelete